Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pete Berwick's new CD "Give it Time"

I usually do critiques and CD plugs during the show (with a follow up blog of course) but with the show currently on hiatus due to my work schedule I really didn't want to wait to talk about Pete's new CD so here I am at 1 in the morning after a long day. So if I babble a bit here please forgive...lol

First let me just say that when I listened to Pete's previous CD (Just Another Day in Hell) I always thought that it would be a tough act to follow. I should have known Pete would pull it off with his latest release that just came out this week. Give It Time makes no apologies with it's honesty while offering encouragement for the future and an ice cold beer along the way. While not a complete departure from Pete's "cowpunk" roots it does offer a more hard rocking punch with a bit of the Berwick sarcasm thrown in for good measure. This CD like all of Pete's music is real life, and nothing like the bubblegum crap the industry likes to try to shove down our throats. This is real music for real people, I would defiantly recommend this and I very strongly encourage anyone who would like to know what real music sounds like to go to http://www.peteberwick.net and pick up a copy.

I have to say that it's because of Pete Berwick that I can ride in the car in peace with my wife. As I've mentioned before my better half and I don't have the same taste in music and traveling together can sometimes be a trial. I like hard rocking music, with a bit of country and blues thrown in, while she likes high paced dance music, rap and too much of the RIAA's spoonfed, homogenized bullshit (sorry princess).

When the "discussion" on what to listen to while driving becomes too intense, and the radio is about to be shut off for good, all I have to do is pop in Pete Berwick.

And we go in peace. We don't agree on most music, but we are both die hard Pete Berwick fans, and given how different our musical tastes are that is saying something.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
Show notes;

As I mentioned earlier in this blog my show is currently on hiatus. My work schedule has been insane as regular viewers know happens every year about this time. While not set in stone I am planning my return sometime in November.

See ya'll around the internets!

p.s. My good friend Rob Mazurek sent me an article about some assholes from the RIAA and the major labels saying that Indie artists are "Second Class Citizens" as far as they are concerned. I haven't had time to read it yet, but when I do I'm sure I'll be posting a blog about it, and will talk about it on my next show (whenever that is). Stuff like this really pisses me off, especially after listening to "Give It Time" I think that the independents could teach the majors a thing or two about what real music is. Yeah this is really pissing me off so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment