Thursday, February 3, 2011

Broadcasting in HQ

The last couple of shows were in HQ (which could also be called HD) using a Flash Media Encoder. The benefits of this are the music sounds better, and the video is much clearer. The downsides are while broadcasting in HQ I can't co-host anyone on blog, nor record on the fly like I could when I broadcast in standard.

Overall I feel it's working out well, if I had to say I missed one thing it is the ability to record on the fly. The encoder does record the show from start to finish, but I find that when I go back and watch it the video and audio isn't in sync. I haven't figured out why this is happening or what the fix might be. The last couple of weeks for the weenie of the week weekly segment that I usually post on YouTube I've just captured the video/audio and posted it but it was so out of phase this week (especially since I showed a video during the segment) that I didn't feel it was worth the trouble so this would be why I haven't posted this weeks weenie. I'll keep playing around with it and try to figure out a work-a-round.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Show updates;

I won't be doing a show this week, have plans. The show will return on Feb. 13th at it's usual time.

Deb and I have begun discussing our next music event, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment