Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Update Blog 12-18-12

Hey everyone.

First of all I have to say that I've gotten so addicted to using the HQ broadcast on blogtv that I don't know how to broadcast in standard and have it sound good anymore.  Yes, I confess...lol

I just spent some time on my test channel trying to tweak, and relearn how to use the standard blogtv broadcast, and recorded a part of it.  Yeah, I've totally forgotten how to do this shit.  Since I'm off from work tomorrow I plan to spend some time on it.  Why do I care?  Well, it's simple, I want to bring live music back to the show and the only way I can use blogtv's cohost feature is to broadcast in standard and while I know the music mp3's and videos I play won't sound as good as when I use the HQ encoder it at least has to be heard and sound as good as it can. 

I've really gotten spoiled using the encoder, because it automatically compensates for what I like to call "redlining" when the sound starts to distort because it's turned up too loud on the broadcasters end and the "standard" method of broadcasting doesn't compensate for this.   How to get it loud, but not too loud is what I have to relearn on that format. 

On that note I'd love to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season, I'm sure we'll survive the Myan calender end of all time as well as the Zombie Apocalypse and I'm looking forward to a great 2013.

Lord knows we need it after how this year has been for many of us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment