Sunday, April 2, 2017

April Update

Show update as well as rambling thoughts, all because I can :)

I haven't done a live streaming broadcast in a couple of weeks, while there was some interest in the morning "coffee" broadcast I wasn't able to stick with it. However many people have told me that the morning show was easier for them to listen to live, so I think I will bring this back at some point, maybe just not so early in the day.

Speaking of interest, our page on awdio.com has really taken off. Of late, I've used this as an archive where I've converted shows to mp3 format, and uploaded them there sometime after the live broadcast. These shows have had hundreds, if not thousands of clicks and listens. Just in the last week I had 30 likes, 4 new followers and 3,202 listens. I can't ignore numbers like these, there is clearly an interest in Indie Spotlight on there now. My thoughts on this is to continue to upload past live shows, but to also create and upload shows that will be exclusive to awdio. This could work out better for me as well as the show because I could record portions of the show at a time, and to maintain consistency always upload to stream it at the same date and time every week. Awdio has always been pretty good about front page features, so the exposure will still be the same, and if I also happen to do a live show that week, it'll be a bonus show for the awdio audience.

While I've always enjoyed the live streaming broadcasts I haven't been able to commit to them in any meaningful way, and when people don't know when to find you, they won't. While I had an increase of viewers during the Morning Coffee broadcast I wasn't able to stick with it, and there is an obvious interest on awdio.com that I would like to capitalize on, so as to continue to give the music and the musicians more exposure.

This is what Indie Spotlight is all about, it's not about the host, it's about the music hosted.

Thanks for reading, please follow me on Facebook and Twitter for more current updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment