Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rob Mazurek on Indie Music Spotlight this Sunday!

We've been talking it up on the show for the last couple of weeks, and now the moment of truth is upon us...lol

Musician Rob Mazurek will be on the show this Sunday night, the party kicks off at 9 p.m. eastern time over on blogtalkradio.

Rob is always a hoot when he's in chat, so to have him on the show is going to be a total riot.

Here's a short bio;

I'm Rob Mazurek from Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada. I've been a huge music fan since I was a little kid. Growing up I listened to Aerosmith,Zepplin and the stones. Started playing guitar at age 6, (well at that point it was more like just driving my family crazy with the guitar..until I started learning some basic chords.lol) I was always a popular kid at school- being about 6 feet tall back then (I'm 6'6" now) I was basically harassed by my friends and teachers to join the basketball team. (never really had a huge interest in sports back then-was more into music and girls..as you look at my friend list you can tell that some things never change huh ?..LOL) Anyway, I started playing guitar more heavily,took lessons to read music and learn scale patterns . (Up to that point I played by ear really) Had a Great teacher by the name of Andrew Wasson (He was a GIT Grad) He still runs his school Creative Guitar Studio out of Winnipeg here (see his link here at : www.creativegtrstudio.com ) Took lessons with Andy for a few years and would come out and occassionally check out his band here at the local clubs when he had some gigs to play. if you live in Winnipeg and want to learn to play guitar..I strongly urge you to check out Andy's school ! (He's a really great instructor and a fun guy to chat/hang out with) Growing up, I was hugely influenced by a large assortment of guitar legends, my two favorites though are Slash and Zakk Wylde. They both have very unique styles and great guitar tone. Aside from Music also took an interest in acting, having appeared in some films shot here over the years. but Music is really my main interest. (although I still consider some acting roles now and then - if the right offers happen to come my way,and I really like the film thats being shot) On a personal level, I'm a very laid back type of guy, friendly with everyone I meet and quite Down to earth. I dont take myself too seriously and make music for myself really..if others happen to like my music then that's great too ! , I'm not impressed by appearances and have never been a very materialistic person. I judge people on their actions and personality really. At least this is my formula for choosing my personal close friends anyway. Anyway,I hope you enjoy these brief tunes here and wish to thank you for your e-mails,friend requests/adds ,and sweet comments. !! I've got the best friends here at myspace ! ...Thanks guys ! , My song "Out For Blood" is commercially available on i-tunes,Rhapody,Amazon,and a host of other fine online music stores for purchase/download.


I stole that off his myspace page, which you can find right here which by the way, if you like pretty ladies his friends list is full of 'em...lol

Here's a link to the show, again it starts at 9 pm eastern time and we hope to see ya there.

Click here to go to showpage

No comments:

Post a Comment