Monday, March 2, 2009

Troy Castellano on Indie Music Spotlight last Sunday!

This was a really good show. It simply amazes me how we keep getting awesome guests and Troy was no exception. Amazing guest, amazing musician, we really had fun on this one.

First let me toss out some web links....

Troy's website is www.troycastellano.com/. While you are there be sure to sign up for his newsletter.

Here's his Myspace here, and he also has a ton of music on his youtube page.

We talked about his songwriting process, some of the things he's been up to lately and played some of his songs. It literally took my breath away, this music is totally amazing.

I don't remember ever seeing the chat room so packed. Deb and I thought it was amazing the amount of support he is getting, especially from his family. We almost had a riot at one point while I was waiting for some songs Troy sent me to upload and process. Thankfully the files processed pretty quickly (which surprised me considering some of the issues we've been having on blogtalk lately) and we were able to get the songs played before the live portion of the show ended.

Especially listen to the story behind the song Angelene after we played it, names changed to protect the guilty of course, and one of many light hearted moments we had during the show.

We did continue the show after the live stream ended, in fact we ran close to 3 hours, so the best way to enjoy this one would be to go to the actual showpage (click here) and listen from here. Blogtalkradio does have a "pop out" player that does seem to work, well most of the time anyway.

Having said how long the show was, I also have to say that 3 hours wasn't long enough to talk about the stuff we wanted to talk about.

Guess that means we'll have to have him on again, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment