Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why Guest Chat Stays Off During the Show

Sometime in the last month or so I made the decision to turn off guest chat for the show. The reason why is simply because I hate having to deal with (and kick or have someone else with operator privileges kick) haters, wierdos, stalkers, drama queens, link droppers (also known as the hit and run), people that I've banned from the show trying to sneak back in and trolls out of my chat every week. It had gotten really bad so I said screw it, if someone wants to chat it only takes a minute to make an account and be a registered user. Blogtv really isn't that hard to sign up and it's totally free.

Besides there are other benefits to being a registered user on blogtv. One of them is that if we know ya, we can also grant you operator privileges. Another one is the ability to subscribe to shows you like (such as mine) so that you'll get an email reminder when a particular show starts.

The way I see it, there is no real reason why anyone would need to chat as a guest when creating an account is really so easy. So unless I know for sure who someone is that is logged as a guest the guest chat feature at my show generally stays off.

I have to say it's been real nice the last couple of weeks not having to deal with any bullshit. Sorry, just being honest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show notes;

Deb from Unsigned Musicians and I are putting together another event, this one will kick off at noon (eastern US time) on June 12th. Going to be tons of great new music from awesome musicians and we really hope to see ya there!

Sunday's show is also going well. We air every Sunday night at 9 pm (eastern) on blogtv. Stop by and check it out sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment