Friday, September 13, 2013

Show Update

I haven't posted an actual update blog in a while, and I know that some of you guys don't read my more long winded blogs so I'll try to keep this one short.

As it stands right now I've decided that at least for next weeks show I'm sticking with the site that I created on webs.com. If the viewer/listener statistics improve in any way I'll continue the show, but if the hits continue to be lackluster like they have for the last month I may consider pulling the plug until iVlog,tv opens.

I've decided that the show needs to be a part of an actual broadcasting site. I don't regret not having moved to one before now for the simple fact that I've been in touch with other former blogtv members who did transition to other broadcasting sites and their stats aren't much better than mine so knowing that I can honestly say that to have tried the ustream/justintv/vaughlive/ect route would have been a waste of time.

I've decided to go "all in" with iVlog.tv for the simple fact that the folks putting it together are the real deal. I was at one of Cr3am and Fema's shows on justin and these two are the real deal. They answered everyones questions honestly and fairly, I was at the show for over an hour and they didn't set off my bullshit detector at all.

For those that might not know these are the folks putting ivlog together. They care and have a true passion for the site and the users which is much more than I could say for blogtv the last couple of years it was online before they sold out.

There has been some static in regards to the time it has taken for iVlog to launch. My answer to some of these "haters" has been really simple, where is your broadcasting site? That usually shuts them up...lol

I can see why it's taking so long. First of all, to do it right does take time, and yes, it does take money. Simply put, to create the site that people WANT to broadcast on as opposed to the site they HAD to broadcast on take a bit more effort and time. They also remember the glitches and bugs that became blogtv at the end. They want to bring the community back together and make it fun again for all of us.

When we broadcasted on blogtv we had a term at a few of our shows when the website's glitches and bugs happened during the broadcast, we called it "getting the blog treatment". The folks putting iVlog together would rather not the broadcasters have to apologize to the viewers for getting the same kind of "treatment" that we learned to live with when we were on blogtv, they want their site to work like it should and people broadcasting on it expect it to. Personally I don't think this a bad thing. We've waited this long to find a home and have experimented along the way and as it stands right now the current formula for the show just isn't working.

Oops, this did turn into a long blog.

I'm sorry I know I said I was going to try to keep this short.

Ok sue me...lol

But anyways.....

In any case I've said before that I'm only going to ask my audience to transition to another site one more time. I plan to broadcast on iVlog when it opens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Show notes (yeah I know I haven't done this in a while)

I will broadcast on our site for one more week, this coming Sunday at our regular time which is 9 pm eastern. If the stats are like they have been after this show I will go on hiatus until iVlog.tv opens and change our current site so that there is a link to the page that I'm building on the Unsigned Musicians homepage which will be links to the musicians played on the show and resume broadcasting when iVlog comes online.

Special note; when iVlog comes online and co-hosting is enabled I would like to put together a Musicfest Event. What I plan to do is network though iVlog and find musicians that play their originals and plan an event so that we might have a showcase of the musicians to further promote them, as well as what I do.

Final note; while I am a huge fan of Ad-Blocker I won't, and ask my viewers to please not promote this software on iVlog. The site is a grass roots effort and they need the advertising money.

No comments:

Post a Comment