Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Update

Hello blogger readers, time for a quick update.

Due to popular demand, as well as my desire to get back into hosting, we resumed the show on our current webs.com site a couple of weeks ago. Right now we're broadcasting on Sunday nights, 9 pm (eastern) at http://indiespotlightlive.webs.com/.

This will be our broadcasting home until iVlog opens and I'll speak more about the iVlog launch below since people have been asking me about it.

First off, I know just as much as anyone else that is a part of the iVlog Facebook group, while I have been in touch with the folks putting that together in regards to my concerns about their Terms of Service sadly I can't say that I'm in the loop as far as when the site will actually launch.

Second, I'm just as impatient as many other former blogtv users are for iVlog to launch. As I type this, we're looking at the 1 year anniversary of the blogtv shutdown, and many of us haven't found a suitable platform to do our shows since. Many have tried and from their experiences I have a short list of broadcast sites that to be honest about it, suck. Personally I think it's the lack of a true community like many of us had on blog, our expectations were pretty high when we tried other sites. From the look of it, iVlog should meet those expectations and more.

But it's been almost a year since blogtv sold out and shut down.

iVlog has been in the works since the blogtv shutdown.

I know they are working out the bugs, and the site is being built from scratch but at some point we need at least a launch date. I'm still a die hard believer in iVlog but it's been almost a year.

I consider myself a die hard believer, but at some point, even the most die hard among us need to think about plan B.

There is another broadcasting alternative out there, with a favorable TOS, that I can use. Going it alone on our own site isn't working, the show has to be a part of a broadcasting platform. We need the networking to give exposure to the musicians.

So iVlog, I think the world of you folks, I feel what you are putting together is the real deal, I know it's going to be what many of us wished that blogtv was. There is so much untapped potential out there as far as internet broadcasting for people to have their 15 minutes of fame and really nail it. I understand that for a site that actually works is going to take some time.

But, we can't wait forever. I hate to say this in a public way, but as far as Indie Spotlight, and bringing it to iVlog, I have to set an expiration date. You have a month, if the site isn't online and ready to use for broadcasting within a month of this blog post I will have no choice but to explore other broadcasting avenues.

I hate to be an asshole and say this but;

1) You got the amount you needed to launch the site from the indiegogo fundraiser.
2) Even now you have a loyal group of folks waiting for the site to officially launch
3) We can't wait forever
4) Blogtv had it's quirks, as other broadcasting sites do, we learned to live with them.
5) At some point even the most die hard supporters are going to fade away
6) The time is now, yeah the sites not perfect, but here is a newsflash either was blogtv, the difference between iVlog and blogtv is that on iVlog, you might actually fix the problems where blogtv did not.

Many of us that have been patiently waiting, or just dealing with the issues and drama on other broadcasting sites aren't going to wait forever. While a diehard supporter of iVlog, at some point even I will hit my expiration date and explore my other options.

I'd rather get on the ground floor on iVLog, but I can't wait forever.

8 comments:

  1. Nicely put, sir. Nicely put. I am hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uvlog.com, almost all the features of BlogTV, and it works,no need to reinvent the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't trying to name the site that I was considering but I've heard much of the same about Uvlog, it is on my short list as sites I'm considering.

      Delete
  3. I don't think you have any reason to apologise for being an asshole because you are not being an asshole. Criticising something that deserves criticism does not make someone an asshole.

    I think many in the community are wary of criticising ivlogtv's failure to launch when we were told (October 2013) because there is a fear of people thinking you are being negative or that you don't want to be on bad terms with the owners if iVlog eventually launches and is successful.

    But the truth is the criticism is wholly deserved. A company owner should not be afraid to face totally fair criticism. We were told the site would launch no later than 22 October 2013. This date followed previous missed dates. They had already used up all their delay excuses by the end of October.

    I agree with the Uvlog,com suggestion. It certainly looks and feels a lot like blogtv. It just doesn't have the casters and viewers. Just imagine if all the people who supported ivlog had supported uvlog instead. We would have a great site by now.

    As it stands don't be surprised when ivlog finally launches that it won't meet community expectations. Blogtv was loved because it was full of people. It will take years to build up that kind of community again. The problem for ivlog is why should people choose it as their broadcasting home given the way it has been handled so far. They will launch already being way behind other sites in terms of features. How can anyone have any confidence in future development when the evidence only points to patterns of delays and untruths being told by the owner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost guarantee you that iVlog won't be online within a month. Get use to Vaughn (now with co-hosting) or UVlog, cause Cr3am will not fulfill his promises. He said "for sure" for October and here it is February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "From the look of it, iVlog should meet those expectations and more." The look of what? There currently is no iVlog.tv, we have not been shown anything. Also what credentials does the ivlog team have or have shown to prove that they are capable of this? There is very little if any, knowledge of the owner of Ivlog to say this is even going to work. You're going by the false promises of "A better, faster, stronger blogtv." Which in my experience is just poor marketing when you claim your product is better, and you dont even have a product. There have been many times in which the ivlog team claimed it should be ready at various times throughout the year, this is another sign of the naive aspect of the ivlog team. The constant unmet milestones, no screenshots of the product, no videos showing us a test of the product should be a major warning sign to you guys that you should move on and build a new community somewhere else without relying on false hope. If you dont know where to go I'm sure myself and numerous other people can name you some sites.

    ReplyDelete