Friday, November 14, 2014

24/7 Server Update

One of my friends told me that Linux will be the O/S that I will learn..........to hate.

Not there yet, tonight is the first night this week that I've actually had to spend on this project and here are a couple of insights that I'd like to share;

1) Since it is open source, different people do have very different ideas, if you are someone just learning this O/S for the first time, read the forums before asking questions.
2) The drivers you need could very well be different from the drivers you have, depending on the application that you are using it for.
3) Living in a Linux world, is very different from a Windows one, that is for damn sure.

Needless to say I'm still working on this. I'm not giving up until I get it going.


No comments:

Post a Comment