Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Time Well Spent...

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Recently I put statistic counters on both the regular blogger page (if you are reading this on myspace I do blog more frequently at http://riskybusiness04.blogspot.com/) as well as the showpage over on blogtv.

The results were quite surprising. First, lets talk about the blogtv page. When I compare the statistics between what blogtv reports as viewers, and what I see on the stat counter there is a pretty huge divide. Blogtv's numbers were actually lower, the only thing I can figure is that blogtv is only counting people who actually log into the show, whereas the "stat counter" counts all the hits whether they are logged in or not which I thought was pretty interesting. I guess blogtv wants to be able to back their stats up with viewer names, your guess would be as good as mine on this.

Then, there is the blogger page. Only a handful of hits on here, so that needs to change and I have a couple of ideas.....

The majority of the time when I post a blog, I usually copy and paste it onto Myspace. Since I'm starting to try to get away from Myspace altogether after this blog I will no longer copy it onto there, instead posting a bulletin, and a teaser onto the Myspace blog to try to bring more traffic here. Another thing would be to change some of my homepage listings for the show from the blogtv page to this one, since ultimately the goal of the blogger page is to direct traffic to the show anyway.

The other reason why I feel the blogger page is important is that most of the folks who come to the show on blogtv know who the musicians are, who has a CD coming out this year, ect. That might not always be the case with the blog readers, so I see this as a separate and equally important way to promote those guys and get the word out.

So, any ideas? Leave it in the comments section on the blogger page, and if you are reading this on Myspace head on over there, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment