Wednesday, September 30, 2015

End of September Update

Hey everyone! I haven't posted an update blog in a while, and tonight I'm in one of those moods where I feel inclined to put my thoughts down in print so why not...lol

First it seems that they have some MAJOR issues happening on justcastlive. Monday night I was about to begin my broadcast like normal when I noticed the site wasn't loading and XSplit wasn't connecting to the server. A quick post to the justcastlive Facebook group confirmed that the site was down but that they were working on it. As I type this the site is still down, a message on the Facebook group would seem to indicate that the problem is with their hosting provider, that they are looking for a new one and that the site should be back up soon. I can't help but notice that they don't have an ETA posted on when the site will be back up which does concern me. To be honest about it, I don't see how a site that seemed to be working just fine could all of a sudden roll over and die, but at the same time I'm not the one trying to fix it, nor do I know everything going on behind the scenes.

I just know the site is down. I'm sure they are trying to get everything fixed, I'm just glad I didn't have a guest scheduled, and just as glad that Deb from Unleashed didn't have anything planned either.

And just to be clear I'm not passing blame either, there seems to be enough of that going around between the previous and current owners of justcast from what I see posted on Facebook anyway.

So needless to say I had to bag last week's broadcast, and the next upcoming one doesn't look good either for this reason, and another which I'll explain below.

Three years ago (well almost anyway) I was blogging about being under the gun from Hurricane Sandy. This time it's Hurricane Joaquin which according to hurricanetrack.com could easily be a historic storm. This one is unusual in the fact that we are only a couple day's out and they still can't accurately predict this storms path. Some of the weather models have it turning back out to sea, while others show my area getting a direct hit. This, and all the rain that is predicted for my local area make for a bad combination because the soil will be saturated from all the rain we are supposed to get over the next couple of day's prior to Joaquin's anticipated arrival. So I expect downed power lines and reading an old fashioned paperbook by candle light early next week instead of my usual show planning but I could be wrong.

I'll keep everyone up to date on our Official Indie Spotlight Facebook page! Maybe if justcastlive come's back online we can have an old fashioned hurricane party before the power goes out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment