Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pete Berwick's Latest Album Now Available!

Pete sent me "The Legend of Tyler Doohan" a little over a week ago, it's lived in the CD player of my car since, yes it's that good and an 8 speaker Pioneer system doesn't lie.

It's been a pretty long drought since Pete released his last album, I always wondered if Give It Time was going to be his last studio recording which if it was would have been a shame.

I had the privilege of hearing Pete play live a couple of years ago when he was in D.C. and he played some of the songs that would later appear on his latest album. When I heard these songs live I kept thinking "Pete, if you ever go back into the studio please do this one" every time I heard a new song.

Don't worry, he did, in fact in his latest offering I think I heard them all.

First of all, getting a new Pete Berwick recording is like opening a fresh, ice cold brew. You know it's going to be good. Pete once told me that when he puts out a new CD there is a rhythm to it, every record has a beginning, a middle and an end.

First a little background. I'll save you the time of a Google search and drop a link about Tyler Doohan. This kid was a hero, in the words of Pete he really was too damn young to die a man. Pete was so inspired by this story (let's face it we all were) that he wrote a song about him. This is how the Legend of Tyler Doohan begins and to listen to the entire album it really is about tales of victory and defeat.

Long time follower's of Pete will notice one departure from Pete's previous albums, well at least I do anyway. Let's face it, Churchill was right, life is blood, gut's, toil and sweat, and more or less that has been a theme of Pete's previous recordings. His latest offering offers all the above, and an added attraction, victory. While not leaving behind his brutal honesty about life, Pete's latest offering is more optimistic than we've heard before, which is not a bad thing, it's nice to hear that we might win the battle after all.

After all, you really can't kill a man born to hang, I strongly recommend that you grab this album.

- Jack Simpson, host of Indie Spotlight Live

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Show notes;

Please like us on Facebook for the latest updates, I post on there much more often than I do on here anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment