Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Feeling Just a Bit Left Out

First, the missed notification update......


31 photo tags?  And ya'll have seen my current profile picture who in the hell sent me a friend request? Well, in a little less than a month I'll find out. Oh, and we're up to 61 missed notifications, with everything going on I don't doubt that things are a little busy on Facebook these days.


So, without further ado I'll dive into today's topic.

This one has been kind of hard to put into words but I'll give it a go.

I mentioned in one of my previous blog posts about how isolated I feel abstaining from Facebook, and even though I know many of the people on my friends list online only, I am wondering how everyone is doing, not to mention the family members that I've managed to find over the years.

With everything going on with the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, and just everything in general happening in the world today, me not currently using Facebook does have me really feeling disconnected in so many ways. I'm realizing that I get information from so many different posts, until I began this journey I was spending a ton of time on Facebook, and now, I really have to kind of dig for different viewpoints.

Another side effect is that so many official government agencies release information though Facebook, and the media picks it up from there, but I don't feel like I'm "in the loop" since I've gotten used to the almost instantaneous update from the various agencies I follow on Facebook. It's a good thing that I had signed up for newsletters, I've certainly been reading more of my emails lately.

One of the things I really miss right now is seeing the very different points of view on current topics. I know that I've mentioned it before but I have friends on Facebook with very differing points of views on things, I read the posts from all sides of a debate (did you know there are more than 2 sides to a story?) and from that form my own opinion.

I think that the boat analogy I used in one of my previous posts still stands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't decided what the next blog post will be about, stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment