Friday, March 13, 2015

Broken Before I Even Started

A followup to yesterday's post.....

It'll boot to WinME but with no sound capability. Keep in mind this was in the era before Windows went online and found it's own updates you need to have the disk. Which I may or may not have, if it still exists it's buried in the boxes of stuff from the move a year and a half ago.

This project (24-7 Streaming) officially went on the back burner as of today anyway. For some reason the player that I was previously using (and was going to use for the round the clock streaming) has been taken offline, claiming that I was in violation of their Terms of Use/Copyright infringement. I have no idea what that is even about, we never violated their TOU nor did we ever violate any copyrights.

Am I going to fight this out? Nope, I'm just thankful that we found a new home before they shut me down!

So, in a nutshell, while I would love to have the 'round the clock streaming of past shows for the folks that couldn't make it to the live one, at this point I don't see it happening. I'm sure there are other ways to do it and time permitting I'll explore other options but I think at this point my energy would be better spent on the broadcast itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment