Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What's In A Name?

Random thought that popped into my head during one of our shows.

I was greeted "Hi Indy".

A bit of history here, my longtime user name on the internet was riskybusiness04, I had long gotten used to being "risky" in chatrooms as well as anywhere else I was online. Somewhere around the later part of 2012 I decided that my internet user name needed to more closely match what I was actually doing online so I adopted "Indie Spotlight" as a user name on where we were broadcasting at the time, changed my name on this very blog and moved on.

The name change at the time most likely wasn't the best idea, it killed our stats on blogtv for no other reason than people had gotten used to finding me under my old name and didn't know the new one.

Then, blogtv shut down and it didn't matter anyway.

I won't get long winded here but we all know the great diaspora that ensued between blogtv's shutdown and our premier on justcastlive.

Now that we are once again part of a live broadcasting community we have new people at the show. I didn't have a whole lot of time with the new screename on blogtv to get used to it, so that while I've been "Indy" for a while it still feels kinda weird to be someone else.

I'm sure that I'll get used to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show updates;

Still going strong on justcastlive. Since my current work schedule dictates when the show is broadcast please follow our Facebook page to stay current on when the next show will air.

Facebook page is here

Justcastlive has been hugely supportive of the show, we are featured frequently there. They've been great. Coincidentally, if there are any of my fellow former blogtv broadcasters that are looking for a broadcast home I highly recommend them and I'm glad I found them.

Future updates for other planned shows will be posted soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment