Thursday, March 12, 2015

Yes, I'm Breaking Computers Again...

24/7 server update;

I haven't had much luck with the Linux machine so I'm now in the process of something even more insane.

There is an old HP machine similar to the one that I've been running the Linux experiment on albeit older (remember Windows ME? Yep, that old)(stop puking and just read this lol). I took that machine apart to see if there were any usable parts that I might transplant into the Linux machine to maybe make it work faster, and though that make it so it would run the OBS software more effectively so that I can finally make the streaming server happen.

Um, there really wasn't anything there.

Except the hard drive. This is where the insane part comes in.

Yes, Windows ME was a piece of crap, but it is now my hope that it's a piece of crap that I might (keyword, might) be able to use to perhaps load Flash Media Player (which has no Linux application) and use that to stream the past shows on our old website.

I've installed the WinME hard drive into the Linux machine, while keeping the hard drive that was currently in it using the built in jumper cables. Don't worry it still boots to Linux and I am now going to see if I can even get the WinME to boot.

Crossing fingers, to be honest about it I don't think it's going to work, but it is something that I haven't tried yet and outside of just using this machine as a show monitor (which will save my laptop) it really has no practical purpose.

Nothing beats a failure but a try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Show updates;

In case anyone missed it, we are officially in the justcastlive era! Since my work schedule keeps flopping around I've decided that for the continuity of the show as well as my own sanity our official broadcast date will be on Monday nights going forward. The only change would be the time, 9 weeks out of 10, it will be 9 pm (eastern U.S.) with the oddball week that I might need to push it to 10 pm due to work obligations.

No comments:

Post a Comment