Friday, March 13, 2015

MusicFest 2015

In one of my previous blog's I mentioned that since we are coming up on the 5th year since the passing of JD Steagal (Buster Chopz and JD and the Cherokee Boys) that I was planning on doing an tribute show to him.

JD used to refer independent musicians to me all the time, it was rare that when I logged into Myspace (remember them? you know, the site that we all hung out at before Facebook became big?) that there wasn't an email from him suggesting musicians to check out.

So while I was driving around earlier this evening listening to some of the music he did with Buster Chopz it occurred to me that since I was toying with the idea of doing a musicfest event this year, why not do it in June around the anniversary of JD's passing, and dedicate it to him?

I couldn't think of a better way to pay tribute, and as long as the music is good I'm sure he'll be looking down on us giving his seal of approval.

So, I will make the official announcement next week after I finalize the date but you can say you saw it here first.  We will have a MusicFest this year and it will be dedicated to our dear departed friend, JD Steagal.


No comments:

Post a Comment